Thursday, April 21, 2016

I Love Passover

Michael L.

passoverI just picked up our brisket.

We're having about 20 crammed into our little home.

Y'know, I want to write about SFSU President Wong and his support for those who incite genocidal hatred toward Jews, but I have to tell you this holiday comes first.

I am not a particularly religious guy but that does not mean that this holiday does not resonate in my heart.

Wong can wait until next week.

I will be at the head of the table and am responsible for conducting a Passover Seder, which is a significant responsibility.

I don't think that I quite realized that as a kid.

Anyway, to my mind, Passover is about freedom and fun.

It's about freedom and what can that mean if it does not include the freedom to enjoy yourself with your friends and family?

We drink leaning to the left.

Sounds like college!

Laurie and I have been conducting Passover Seders for maybe 8 or 9 years, now. And, as you will probably not be surprised to learn, the crew sitting around those seders over the years has been motley.

I need to make charoset!

{Paul is supposed to do it, but he moved home to Cincinnati, for chrissake.}

Good Pesach, my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Chag sameach, to you and yours, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya mister, good Pesach!

      Thanks for dropping by.

      You know that you're always welcome around this joint, my friend.

      Delete